I was cleaning out my freezer the other day. (When was the last time YOU did that? You’ll be amazed at what you’ll find. Throw out anything older than 6 months old. It will probably taste funny.) I came across a bag of Asian-style riced cauliflower I bought from Trader Joe’s. Although I cook most of the time, when I’m busy and get home late, I like having a few things I can prepare quickly. Since it was about to expire, I decided to try it.
It was the first time I had eaten it and it was actually pretty good! I thought to myself, “I can make this!” Since I only buy food that I can read and understand the ingredients, I was able to do just that. I tried it a few times, added and changed a few things to make it a one-dish meal and now I’m sharing it with you. I think it’s better than Trader Joe’s! If you’ve had theirs, try mine and see which you prefer….
Asian-Style Riced Cauliflower
A tasty, lower carb, one-dish meal.
- 3 tbsps olive oil
- 2 organic green onions, thinly sliced
- 5 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/8 C fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 1 organic red pepper, diced small
- 2 lbs riced cauliflower (if using frozen, add 3 minutes cook time)
- 1C organic frozen corn
- 1C organic frozen peas
- 3 tbsps tamari sauce
- 3 tbsps sesame oil
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 C rice vinegar
- salt and white pepper to taste
- Optional: 2 cans wild salmon, drained
- Step 1 Pour olive oil into a large saute pan heated over medium-high heat.
- Step 2 Add green onions, garlic and ginger. Saute one minute. Add red pepper.
- Step 3 Saute another 3 minutes.
- Step 4 Add riced cauliflower and saute for 5 minutes or until just softened.
- Step 5 Add corn, peas, tamari, sesame oil, sugar and rice vinegar. Saute another 3 minutes and add salt and pepper to taste. Add optional salmon, stir until heated through.
- Step 6 Serve.