Jump to recipe
I’ve really been getting into vegetarian dishes lately. Don’t get me wrong, I still love my proteins. But because there are SO many different vegetables and fruits out there-so many more than types of animal protein-the creative possibilities are endless. I’ve eaten this combination before, but when I made it this time, I added the ginger, cranberries and goat cheese and the result was even better. It’s great for a main or a side. Let me know what you think!
Spiced Sweet Potatoes and Apples
This is wonderful with meatloaf!
- 2 tbsps grapeseed or other neutral oil
- 3-4C sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into bite sized chunks
- 2 Sweet, red apples, preferably organic, cut into bite sized chunks
- 2 tsps fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 C raisins
- 1/8 C dried cranberries
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- ½ C water
- 2oz (about 2” piece) of goat cheese
- In a skillet, over a medium flame, heat the grapeseed oil. Add the sweet potatoes, apples and salt. Sauté for about 6-7 minutes. Add ginger, cinnamon and dried fruit. Stir.
- Add the water, stir again and cover. Lower the heat to med-low and simmer until potatoes are soft, about 20 minutes. Uncover and add goat cheese. Let it melt and stir to coat the potatoes and apples completely. Take off heat. Serve.