Jump to recipe
This is half the recipe for Yotam Ottolenghi’s Fancy Coleslaw. They’re supposed to be sprinkled on top of the recipe, but I’ve made them alone to serve as nibblies with drinks. I make a bunch and have them ready for unexpected guests…
- 3/4 cup cashew nuts, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika (I used smoked paprika. Great!)
- 3/4 teaspoon superfine sugar
- In a small bowl, combine the nuts, turmeric, cumin, paprika, sugar and a pinch of salt. Stir 1 tablespoon water through the mixture so the spices cling to the nuts. Spread out on a parchment-lined baking sheet and roast for about 12 minutes at 350 until golden brown and crunchy. remove and leave aside to cool.